American Fidelity Life Insurance

Frequently Asked Questions


Our Policyholder Service Department is staffed with qualified and friendly personnel. This staff is available to you and your clients via telephone, fax or mail. Our website, is also a valuable tool to you and our policyholders and many of the following services are offered here. We believe that service and our relationship with our clients is of utmost importance.

How do I make changes to my policy?
The Policy Owner may complete the appropriate form for the requested change. The Policy Owner may also contact a Service Representative at the Home Office, contact information is listed in the Contact Us section. All Policy changes must be submitted on a signed and completed Amendment to Application form. The original Policy should be returned for endorsement.

How do I get a copy of my policy?
You must sign an Affadavit of Lost Policy Form. There is a $20.00 fee for duplicating a policy (some policies may not be duplicated), or a Policy Verification Certification may be requested at no charge.

How do I request a loan against my Policy?
The Policy Owner can request a loan by calling a Service Representative. You should consult your Policy for specific information regarding Policy loans.

How do I change my mode of payment?
You may contact a Service Representative at the Home Office for details.

How can I obtain information on my Policy?
You may contact a Service Representative at the Home Office or register online. By registering online you will be able to view premium payments, make withdrawals and much more. Click here to register.

How do I file a Death Claim?
Upon the death of the Insured, you may contact the Home Office Claims Department to report the death. Be prepared to advise us of the Insured's name, the date and cause of death, and the name, address, and telephone number of the person who should be contacted. A Claimant's Statement and additional information on how to file a death claim will then be sent to the named Beneficiary(ies).

What should I do if I can't pay my premiums?
You should notify the Home Office right away and contact a Customer Service Representative or your agent.

How do I cancel my Policy?
The Owner must submit a written request of cancellation to the Company referencing Policy number, signature, social security number and address. Please review your Right To Examine Section of your Policy.

How do I reinstate my Policy?
In order to consider Reinstatement of a lapsed policy, the Owner and/or Insured must submit a completed Reinstatement Application along with past due premiums. Please refer to your policy for details and qualifications. The Company may require further Underwriting and request current medical records be submitted.


Civilian Life InsuranceIs this just life insurance?
All of AMFI’s life insurance policies allow for tax-deferred cash value growth. Both AMFI’s Future First Universal Life Insurance Policy and the Flexible Dollar Builder Whole Life Insurance Policy provide life insurance coverage if you die, but they also provide cash value assets you can use while you’re alive.

What does tax deferred mean?
Tax-Deferred means that you are not required to pay taxes on the interest you earn within the policy until you withdraw the interest. This allows for your cash values to grow at a faster rate, which means more money for you!

Does the interest rate on my policy change?
While the guaranteed rate on a policy will never change, the current rate may. Interest rates as well as the economy have proven to fluctuate with time. This means your crediting interest rate most likely will change from time to time. Please contact the Home Office for the current interest rate for your policy.

How is this policy different than term insurance?
Term insurance is a set amount of coverage for set amount of time. In most cases term coverage is cost effective and usually will have a level premium. Once the term of your policy is up you will be required to re-apply for coverage. Given that the older you are the more coverage costs don’t be surprised to see your Term rates may increase substantially. Also, if you have incurred any medical conditions you may not even qualify for coverage. We believe Term coverage is an inexpensive tool you can use to fill your insurance needs. The best way to protect against the pitfalls of term insurance is to buy Permanent insurance. AMFI’s policies provide life time level premiums regardless of age and medical changes. AMFI’s policies also provide tax-deferred cash value growth.

Why do I need more Life insurance?
The answer is you may or may not. There are many things to consider when purchasing life insurance; family, age, heath status and more. It is important to be properly insured and the only way to figure that out is to sit down with a life insurance professional to determine your needs. A common tool to determine if you need more life insurance is to do a life insurance needs analysis worksheet.

How many policies can I own?
That depends. You may own a policy for yourself, your spouse and your dependents.

What if I change banks?
If you change banks it’s important to let us know immediately. We will need you to submit a new Bank Draft form so your policy is not in danger of lapsing.

I no longer work for the company or municipality that I bought my policy though. What should I do?
The good news for you is that your policy is portable. If you are paying for your policy by Bank Draft you don’t need to make any modifications. If your employer was withdrawing money from your check to pay your policy, you will need to submit a Bank Draft form. If you have any questions please contact one of our customer service representatives.


Military Life InsuranceWhat is the difference between my SGLI and this insurance?
SGLI is a wonderful group term life insurance policy. AMFI is an SGLI member and we are one of the few companies that you can convert your SGLI term coverage into permanent coverage with. It’s simple, term coverage like the SGLI terminates once you are out of the service whereas Permanent coverage is with you your whole life. Also, permanent coverage such as the Flexible Dollar Builder and Future First Universal Life build cash value assets that can be used while you are alive.

Can I keep my policy when I get out of the military?
Yes! All of our policies are portable. You may have to make different payment arrangements once you are out of the service which is as simple as contacting your local agent or calling and talking to a AMFI customer service representative to find out which payment option is best for you.

Does this take the place of my SGLI?
NO! SGLI is inexpensive group term insurance. We highly recommend your participation in the SGLI program. Our policies are a great supplement to your SGLI as we offer Permanent portable insurance.

Info Center